On Monday, October 15th, Delaware Youth for Christ (DYFC) will hold its 22nd Annual Dave Tiberi Golf Open at Deerfield Golf Club. This event attracts numerous Delaware businesses and golf enthusiasts and offers a great opportunity to enjoy a round of golf while supporting a tremendous cause.
A chartered affiliate of Youth for Christ/USA, which has over 60 years of experience working with at-risk youth nationwide, DYFC focuses its programs on reaching at-risk youth in the communities of Wilmington, Belvedere, and Middletown in Delaware. DYFC works with underprivileged children and teenagers, many of whom live below the poverty line. DYFC operates programs in some of the most economically challenged communities in Delaware—communities characterized by rampant drug use, unemployment, excessive school dropout rates, and other social ills.
America’s future rests on the collective success or failure of the rising generation. Unfortunately, trends in student retention rates, crime, drug use, and other high-risk behavior, especially among youth living in our nation’s urban centers, are alarming. Consider these sobering national statistics:
- 20% of teens live in poverty.
- 50% of teens will see their parents get divorced.
- 40% of teens grow up without a father.
- 70% of long-term prison inmates grew up in broken homes.
- Suicide is the third leading cause of death among teens.
- One teen commits suicide every 100 minutes.
- 70% of girls in the juvenile justice system have histories of physical abuse.
- Girls under 18 are the fastest growing segment of the juvenile justice population.
What can you do?
Join us! Sponsor a foursome, become an official sponsor, send in a donation which tells the golfers you believe in the life changing work DYFC is doing. To contribute to our auction please email Kim Jones by clicking here. Please provide a brief description of your item, images if applicable and an estimated value
12:00 PM TO 1:00 PM – Registration and Lunch
1:00 PM – Shot Gun Start (Scramble Format)
6:00 PM – Dinner | Auction | Prizes